Thursday, April 10, 2008

2 DAYS AND COUNTING

2 DAYS AND COUNTING TILL...........



I leave for Albuquerque New Mexico...

I guess we really did not think when we booked the airline tickets. My flight takes off at 6am on Sunday morning. Which means.

#1 - I have to get up at 3am to get to the airport by 4ish to check in my car. Then take the ride into the airport and get threw security. The sit in the airport and wait, some more.

#2 - Have to take the 35 minute drive to the other side of Hartford at 3:30 in the morning. With the other morons out on the road at 3am in the morning. That is kind of scary.

#3 - I do not go to bed too early so getting up at 3am should be pretty interesting. I land in NM at about 11:30 after a short (hour and a half) layover in Dallas. I was planning on renting a car and going to old town for a few hours before hitting the bed and getting rested for Mondays meetings. But NooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo......................

#4 - They schedule a meeting, a "get together" meeting at the hotel for 5pm on Sunday night. I know exactly what is going to be. There will be about 45 guys there from around the country jet lagged and drinking getting ready for the meetings. There goes the small amount of time i had for myself. (Not happy about that fact.)

2 DAYS UNTIL I TURN 37...
I am not happy about that fact either. I like being 36, I liked being 25 better, but that will never happen again. I am really not turning 37 I will actually be about 2.7 years old. That is about how long I have been sober now.
Funny, I turn 37 on Saturday and less than 24 hrs later i am on a flight to NM. I really did not think about it when i said i would go for the meeting.
It will be nice to see another part of the country. Who knows when i will be back. But again with the schedule i have to keep there will not be alot of time to go out and look around. To bad everyone tells me i have to see so and soo when i get there.
I suppose if i would have thought this thing out i would have flow in on Saturday and spent my birthday in New Mexico driving around and look at everything. Hind site IS always 20/20.

Well It's late and i am getting tired.
We'll deal with the Met's, Yankee's, Red Sox, and Seattle tomorrow night.

PEACE.

DJD

No comments: